Re: [exim] Move stuff postfix queues to exim

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: The Doctor
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Move stuff postfix queues to exim
On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 6:50 PM, The Doctor <doctor@???>wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 03:00:39PM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 2:43 PM, The Doctor <doctor@???
> >wrote:
> >
> > > Question, how do you move
> > > 'raw data' postfix 'e-mail' into exim queues?
> > >
> > > I have about 2000 e-mails in postfix waiting to be processed
> > > only that if they stay in the postfix queues, they
> > > might stay there for good.
> > >

> > Let postfix process the queues, or make postfix listen to a different
> port
> > other than the standard (25), then configure postfix to "send all
> outbound
> > mail" to localhost port 25, where Exim is set to listen!
> >
> > --
> > Best regards,
> > Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> > Nairobi,KE
> > +254733744121/+254722743223
> > _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _a
>

> John and Odhiambo,
>
> That would be nice if Postfix could find the
>
> host properly.
>
> Somehow, Postfix majorly failed and could not route anything.
>
> Exim needs a tweak for some virtual e-mail, but that is all.

RTFM for how to configure postfix to relay using 127.0.0.1

Exim by default will listen on all interfaces on port 25 and will accept to
relay for localhost (127.0.0.1)

Now, RTFM for postfix config, which you must be knowing better than we do:)

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
Nairobi,KE
+254733744121/+254722743223
"If you have nothing good to say about someone, just shut up!."
              -- Lucky Dube