Re: [exim] Exilog cleanup script error

Author: Matthew Newton
To: Johann Spies, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Exilog cleanup script error
Hi,

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 08:29:04AM +0200, Johann Spies wrote:
> In the cleanup script from exilog I get
> [exilog_cleanup] optimizing tables.
> DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR: syntax error at or near "OPTIMIZE" at character 1
>

> My knowledge of Perl is not enough to know what goes wrong here. I use
> it with Postgresql 8.1.

Dim and distant memory - although exilog is supposed to support
PostgreSQL, it's really coded for MySQL. Try that instead, or fix
the SQL (which may be as little as removing the OPTIMIZE command).

That may not be correct - it's been a pretty long time since we
tried it. Our mail traffic was, sadly, way too high for it to
process on the hardware we had available at the time, and I
haven't had time to play with it since. Which is a shame, as it
seemed really cool. I did have to fix up the SQL for PostgreSQL
though, with a similar error IIRC.

Cheers,

Matthew

--
Matthew Newton, Ph.D. <mcn4@???>

Systems Architect (UNIX and Networks), Network Services,
I.T. Services, University of Leicester, Leicester LE1 7RH, United Kingdom

For IT help contact helpdesk extn. 2253, <ithelp@???>