Re: [exim] ACL blocks bounces

Author: Jan Groenewald
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] ACL blocks bounces
Hi

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 12:37:35PM +0100, Ian Eiloart wrote:

>>> Bounces don't have that as a sender. Bounces have an _empty_ sender. Try
>>>     !senders = :

>> Thanks, that works.
>>

> If you're going to block messages with no sender, then you should do this
> in the DATA ACL, otherwise you'll be unable to deliver email to sites
> that use sender verification callouts.

This is to ALLOW empty senders, not to BLOCK them.
Do I misunderstand your comment?

PS. We've already had problems with greylisting (we run that)
and mailing sites that do sender verification. IIRC we solved
that long ago. Perhaps by whitelisting some of our funders
who use sender verification, so not really "solved".

regards,
Jan

--
   .~.