Re: [exim] Attachment to weblink

Author: Alain Williams
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Attachment to weblink
On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 04:37:56PM -0400, Eli wrote:
> > They want to send 20MB attachments to 100 internal staff members
>
> I haven't been following your entire thread, but after quickly seeing this
> latest reply perhaps what your users may need for services such as this is
> not a mail server at all, but an Enterprise level system for sharing data
> among staff members. As much as Microsoft may be considered the "enemy" by
> some, maybe reading in to what Microsoft Sharepoint can provide may be a
> good idea (searchable CMS, etc...). It could solve a lot of your problems
> with users trying to send internal documents via email (especially large
> ones) and perhaps teach them what email is supposed to be used for, and what
> it is not.

It depends on what he wants, if he can train his users to use a different
system/way of doing things. Often they are either: too thick, too obtuse, uninterested
in doing anything other that just what they want.

I have mentioned it before, but if you can pursuade them to take an extra
step this (of mine) works well:

    http://www.phcomp.co.uk/Packages/MailToUrl.html

--
Alain Williams