Re: [exim] Exim & Spamassassin at SMTP time

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Todd Lyons
Para: exim.ml
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Exim & Spamassassin at SMTP time
On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:17 AM, exim.ml@??? <exim.ml@???> wrote:
> SNIP FOR BANDWIDTH AND CLARITY
>
> A big thank you to Chris and to Matthew for your responses. I'm liking
> what I am seeing and need to stop being such a wuss and commit to learn
> Exim.
>
> No doubt I'll be coming back asking some idiot questions in due
> course :-)

There are a couple of change in thought patterns that you'll want to make:
1. You have control of each phase of the smtp dialogue. If you've
ever written a milter, this will make perfect sense to you. (Note
that a queue-id doesn't get created until the data phase.)
2. The exim specification manual is a reference, not a howto. It
gives you technical specifications on everything. It is one of the
best written references I've ever seen regarding an email product.
For me the most useful chapters have been 3, 6, 7, 11, and 40, and I
most frequently reference 11 and 40.
3. Someone else mentioned "The Exim SMTP mail server" book written by
Philip Hazel. I cannot recommend this enough, it is fantastic.

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and