Re: [exim] How to solve the problem with multiple sender IPs…

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: exim-users, Lena
Subject: Re: [exim] How to solve the problem with multiple sender IPs and (selective) greylisting?!

--On 9 March 2010 10:56:11 +0100 Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:

>>> This also works with IPv6 (one should use
>>> a different bit count for that, though).
>> Did someone receive a spam via IPv6 not from a real MTA?
>
> I heard of one case recently. With the rise of ipv6 we'll probably see
> more, but it's not a problem right.

Right now our servers aren't accessible through IPv6, except through an
IPv4 tunnel, and I expect that's true for a lot of sites.

Hopefully, domain based reputation services will be better established
before IPv6. By which I mean that I hope domain based reputation services
(which rely on SPF, DKIM, etc) will be effective quite quickly.

I doubt that we'll ever accept email from a domain with AAAA records, but
no A or MX record. I hope that others will also adopt this policy when they
deploy IPv6 capable installations.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex