Re: [exim] How to solve the problem with multiple sender IPs…

Author: Lena
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to solve the problem with multiple sender IPs and (selective) greylisting?!
> From: Jakob Hirsch

> > and whitelist few senders which can resend a letter from other
> > IP-addresses in a block larger than /24.
> > I.e. use ${sg{$sender_host_address}{\N\.\d+$\N}{}}
>
> I'd suggest to use ${mask:<IP address>/<bit count>} instead. regex is
> not always the best solution.

In this case regex gives 5 bytes shorter result (without .0/24 at the end).

> This also works with IPv6 (one should use
> a different bit count for that, though).

Did someone receive a spam via IPv6 not from a real MTA?
Greylisting a MTA is useless.

> Or, don't greylist the whole world by default

The original poster wrote "selective" in Subject.

> > I attached excerpts from my config (including the whitelist) to
> > http://wiki.exim.org/DbLessGreyListingC
>
> What's the big advantage over using the builtin sqlite support for
> greylisting?

When I wrote that, I didn't know that sqlite is demonless. I run Exim
along with POP3 and web-server on VPS with 64M RAM + 128M swap for $6/month,
I don't want to spend more for more RAM, so I wanted minimal memory expense.
Please give a link to a sqlite greylisting implementation.