Re: [exim] Lookup domain before delivery

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Lookup domain before delivery
On 4 March 2010 19:58, Thierry Lavallee <thierry@???> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like exim to verify that the domain DNS **really** resolves to the
> local computer before delivering locally.
>
> Example (very far fetched example): if say I set a hotmail.com domain on my
> machine it will deliver any xyz@??? message locally without
> verifying the real DNS setup. So the real xyz@??? user will never
> receive the message.
>
> QUESTION: Is there a way to tell exim to lookup the domain before delivery?

Exim's view of 'reality' is determined entirely by the routers you
configure and the order in which you place them in the config file. If
you have a router that resolves a domain by DNS before one that
resolves the same domain as local, then behaviour will be as you
intend.

If you have a config derived from the one that came with your Exim
distribution, you may be able to make this happen by removing the
domain in question from the 'local_domains' domainlist. Otherwise you
need to adjust your routers by hand.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer