Re: [exim] Not receiving delivery reports

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Not receiving delivery reports
On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:43 +0200, Jaco Meintjes wrote:
> Thanx Mike. I find it quite strange since our previous mail server ran
> sendmail and provided us with delivery reports if the option was
> selected in Outlook...

If you're selecting an option in Outlook then that should be a Read
Receipt which the MTA shouldn't touch. That's an MUA side problem if
they are no longer delivered - either the header not being set, or the
far end getting sick of them and turning them off. Unless of course
you're preventing bounce messages, or you were relying on the
specifically compiled in confRRT_IMPLIES_DSN option in sendmail used to
emulate RR with broken MUA's. Exim does not have a matching option, but
it could be emulated.

You could also have someone who strips them out with header_remove
hiding somewhere in the line.

--
The Exim manual - http://docs.exim.org