Re: [exim] Not receiving delivery reports

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Mike Cardwell
To: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Not receiving delivery reports
On 26/02/2010 12:27, Jaco Meintjes wrote:

> Thanx for the response. So the short answer is that Exim doesn't do
> delivery reports... Is there any reason why?

I don't recall anyone ever requesting that feature on here? It probably
doesn't exist because of a lack of demand...

> Which of the other MTA's support delivery reports?

CommuniGate Pro does, but it's not free.

> I just need some sort of proof that the mail
> was sent and received by the receivers' mail server...?

The Exim mainlog contains that information... If the log line contains a
" => " or a " -> " it means that the recipient server successfully
accepted responsibility for the message.

--
Mike Cardwell    : UK based IT Consultant, Perl developer, Linux admin
Cardwell IT Ltd. : UK Company - http://cardwellit.com/       #06920226