Re: [exim] [Newbie] Configure exim for a LAN

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Karl Fischer
To: Fabien LUCE
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] [Newbie] Configure exim for a LAN
Fabien LUCE schrieb:
> Hi, thanks for your answers.
>
> I did some new experiment since i tried to contact the server machine with
> telnet.
> I must admit i did'nt have any response from client "connexion refused"
> although i had a #220 response from localhost (server).
> I had however opened port #25 via iptables...
> Maybe i should start by solving this problem?
>
> Do you have an idea?

In Debian everything is different if you're using the standard Debian config.
(eg. by default Debian only listens on 127.0.0.1) try:

dpkg-reconfigure exim4-config

It will ask a few questions and create a basic configuration that suits most
of the standard requirements (more or less).

In case you want more flexibility in the configuration (and want support from
this list) it would be best to start with a 'normal' exim4.conf rather than the
very special Debian configuration.

You'll find a template at /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz

zcat /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/examples/example.conf.gz > /etc/exim4/exim4.conf

Now you can configure your exim4.conf to suit your needs ...

hth

- Karl