[exim] [ADMIN] List policy

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: Graeme Fowler
Para: Exim Users
Assunto: [exim] [ADMIN] List policy
Folks

Thankyou for understanding the reasons for putting the list onto
moderation yesterday. The events of the morning were unfortunate and I
dearly hope we never have to do that again.

In order to make that crystal clear, I intend to put together a more
formal list policy along with a small group of the more regular posters.
It will, in a nutshell, be an expansion of:

1. Be nice to people.
2. If you must criticise, please ensure you put forward an alternative.
3. Do not demand. Request, even offer, but do not demand.

That last point is probably, in view of the events leading to
yesterday's moderation, the most important.

We're all here for the same reasons, which ultimately are to help each
other. Running round like a bull in a china shop screaming "THIS MUST BE
DONE BECAUSE I DO NOT LIKE THE WAY IT IS" only ever achieves one thing -
and it's very, very rare that the one thing is that which is demanded.

The list is no longer in a moderated state.

Remember - please be nice to people.

Regards

Graeme