Re: [exim] Departure

Author: James Price
To: Exim Users
Subject: Re: [exim] Departure
Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> It looks like the level of my useful contributions measured against the level of frustrations and sarcasm has now reached an all time low.
>
> I am therefore departing the list.
> Its been an interesting 15 years - have fun.
>
>     Nigel.
> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]
> [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]

I have been using exim for 4 or 5 years now and I have to say I've
always been impressed with the level of support and regularity of Nigel,
Philip, Peter, Graeme, Mike C, Jethro, and Alain (I'm sure I'm missing
others) and others who do this on their on time in order to keep a
wonderful open source project alive. I was sad to see Philip go and I'm
now sad to see Nigel go. Hopefully ignorant submission, such as the
email chain that ignited all of this, doesn't push others away. I
assure you, your work does NOT go unappreciated. I've now deployed exim
across several organizations and within my own environment overcoming
many technical challenges that I would otherwise have had to utilize
more than one piece of software. Almost all of those technical hurdles
have been overcome thanks to this list, the regular posters to it and
what I think is probably the most complete technical specification of
any open source project I've worked with. Granted it is not for
beginners or the faint of heart, but for a specific target audience. If
you look out there, there is plenty of "how-to" docs even for beginners,
or simply search this list's archives or look to the wiki.

So I thank you Nigel and everyone else, your work does not go
unappreciated, even by the less regular posters such as myself.

Thanks,
James Price
DigitalCiti.com