Re: [exim] Exim : The Documentation

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ian Eiloart
To: exim, exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim : The Documentation

--On 24 January 2010 04:41:32 +0000 exim@??? wrote:

> Hallo,
>
> I've been a new user for 3 months and discovered one of the most
> negative things about Exim is the documentation.

That's odd. For me, Exim is simply the best documented piece of software
I've ever seen. The documentation isn't a beginners guide or a tutorial,
it's a reference manual. Having said that, reading the chapter on the
default configuration is very useful.

The Exim book is well worth reading, it is more tutorial in outlook. Before
he retires, Phil Hazel used to run excellent Exim tutorial workshops which
didn't even assume a knowledge of email protocols.

The documentation is thoroughly updated with every release of the software,
and it's available in a variety of formats. I prefer the PDF since it lives
on my desktop, and is easier to search.

I agree with your comments below, that the web site requires revision.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex