Re: [exim] Exim : The Documentation

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Johann Spies
To: exim-users, exim
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Exim : The Documentation
On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 11:23:01AM +0000, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> There is also the main problem that everyone thinks they can run
> their own mail server. Frankly they are wrong. Email used to be a
> major function which was implemented by people who had some idea of
> the RFCs and what *should* be done. Now everyone with a workstation
> thinks they can run their own email system - documentation is not
> structured for the requirements of the truely ignorant (and
> possibly it should not be).

The reality is that any Linux PC uses some sort of MTA and on Debian
exim is the default mta. Normally the standard Debian configuration
just works.

Nigel, thanks for the work you put into Exim. I observe some sort of
irritation about suggestions of a better system of documentation. I
did not experience the original email as an attack on any of the
exim-authors.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "My little children, let us not love in word, neither
      in tongue; but in deed and in truth."
                                            I John 3:18