Re: [exim-dev] Exim version control system

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Exim version control system
On 1/11/10 8:02 AM, Jethro R Binks wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
>

>> A question that has been re-raised with me today... should we be looking
>> to transition the current exim VCS from CVS to git?
>>
> Not that I much care, but why git vs. any myriad other VCS?

git has better support for parallel development threads than any other
open source
version control system that i'm familiar with.

subversion is a mild upgrade to cvs, whereas git is a revolutionary
upgrade to cvs.

i used git heavily while doing my last consulting stint at bank of
america, and while it
took a little getting used to, now i can't imagine going back.

richard