Re: [exim] Spamd Timeout

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Spamd Timeout
Hello,
Greg <itooo@???> (Di 15 Dez 2009 00:58:16 CET):
> Hi,
>
> My Exim (version 4.69) sometimes generates "spam acl condition: error
> reading from spamd socket: Connection timed out" messages in the mainlog.
> When I match this error with spamassassin's log I read very long scan
> times (> 120s).
>
> The server is not really heavily loaded.
>
> Before considering removing some scan options in spamassassin, I'd
> rather like to raise exim's timeout to spamd's answer.
>
> I could not find any parameter to adjust this timeout and all the
> messages I read about this problem offer to raise the --max-children
> parameter of spamassassin as a solution. I'm pretty sure this is not the
> solution here.
>
> Is this spamd timeout hard coded ? Is there a workaround ?

I don't know if there is a timeout option for the spamd connection, but
the workaround could be to restrict the messages sent to spamd based on
the size of the message. (We use a upper limit of 512k).

    Best regards from Dresden/Germany
    Viele Grüße aus Dresden
    Heiko Schlittermann
 Heiko Schlittermann HS12-RIPE -----------------------------------------
 gnupg encrypted messages are welcome - key ID: 48D0359B ---------------
 gnupg fingerprint: 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2  7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B -