Re: [exim] help -- need to filter/flush spam out of my queue

Author: Ted Cooper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] help -- need to filter/flush spam out of my queue
On Wed, 2009-11-25 at 10:09 -0800, chuza wrote:
> I am managing a cPanel server where someone has uploaded a script that
> flooded the queue with spam messages. There are currently around 10000
> messages in the queue and each msg ID has a random sending address and
> different sending domains but recipient addresses have a pattern. All
> recipient addresses are @mail.ru addresses.
> I do not want to flush the entire queue since there are valid emails as
> well, can anybody tell me a command that will remove all emails from the
> queue sent to @mail.ru addresses.

Never used it before but a "man exipick" gave me the answer pretty quick

exipick -i '$each_recipients = mail.ru' | exgars exim -Mrm

Possibly. I don't actually have anything in a queue to test it on.

You might might want to look into ratelimit on submissions to prevent
the situation again.

--
The Exim manual - http://docs.exim.org