Re: [exim] Mail lists, gmail servers in mx and local users i…

Author: Mark Nipper
To: Cameron Smith
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mail lists, gmail servers in mx and local users issue
On 23 Nov 2009, Cameron Smith wrote:
> Our mail is hosted at gmail.
>
> Our mail server sends our mailing lists using Exim.
>
> Our domain is example.com

> the mail as it is trying to deliver the mail locally rather than
> sending to the gmail mailserver listed in the mx.
>
> How can I fix this?

    You could add a router towards the top of your list of
routers that looks something like:
---
smarthost:
  driver = manualroute
  route_list = example.com aspmx.l.google.com:alt1.aspmx.l.google.com:alt2.aspmx.l.google.com:aspmx2.googlemail.com:aspmx3.googlemail.com
  transport = remote_smtp
---

That should work I think assuming you want everything destined
for example.com on this mail server to route through your Google
Apps accounts. This particular router should probably be at the
top of your list of routers since they are processed in order.

--
Mark Nipper
nipsy@??? (XMPP)

This is a helmet made out of meatloaf. You feel like a Bat out of
Hell when you wear it. You would do anything for this helmet
(but you won't do that.)

-- fat loot from The Kingdom of Loathing RPG