Re: [exim] DKIM returning "pass" with body hash mismatch

Author: Sean Donelan
To: Daniel Ballenger
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] DKIM returning "pass" with body hash mismatch
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009, Daniel Ballenger wrote:
> I just upgraded to the new Exim 4.70 and am experimenting with the new DKIM support, I've found something that appears odd to me but maybe there's just a misconfiguration on my part that would explain it somehow.

It looks like a bug in pdkim.c. pdkim_feed_finish() overwrites the value
of sig->verify_status set by pdkim_finish_bodyhash() with
PDKIM_VERIFY_PASS.

Whether Exim should attempt to retrieve and parse the DNS records anyway,
or skip the signature completely depends whether the developers think the
collateral variables like dkim_key_testing should be filled in. Its more
complicated to try to continue after the bodyhash verify error, i.e. if
multiple errors happen, which error is the final error?