Re: [exim] conditional compound rewriting

Author: Paul Rogers
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] conditional compound rewriting
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 16:07:39 -0800, "Phil Pennock"
<exim-users@???> said:
> Using Exim 4, you'd use headers_rewrite on your SMTP transport. Exim 4

That was introduced with v3.20, the reason I chose it. I'm using
header rewriting, but it's not enough for my ISP relay. I need to
rewrite the envelope also.

> should be buildable in a version as small as Exim 3, unless you're stuck
> using packages built by an OS packager and they don't provide a minimal
> Exim 4 build, just a kitchen-sink one. (Debian provide exim4-daemon-
> light).

This is a Linux I built from scratch using LFS. Using a package
manager,
Ingo Brueckl's git (not Linus'!), but it's no impediment.

> That said, you might try using a regexp for matching the addresses
> you're filtering and using a negative lookahead assertion.

> That will only match if the domain is not example.com and might get you
> closer to what you're trying to achieve.

The book gives this example, but I'm also trying to keep such constants
out of configuration files. I may have to do something like that
though.
--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers@???