Re: [exim] RBL entries not being rejected.

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Torry Crass
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] RBL entries not being rejected.
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Torry Crass <tcrass@???> wrote:
> Having a bit of a problem it seems with entries in spamhaus and sorbs are
> not always getting rejected like I want them to be.  I "thought" my
> configuration was fine but apparently I've overlooked something.
>
> I've included the message headers and what I think are relevant
> configuration files in the pastebin below.

There are two kinds of RBL's, one that checks the IP of the sending
mail server, and one that checks the domain of various things
including the sending mail server. You can see from the SA logs that
it's checking an IP based RBL:

    0.9 RCVD_IN_SORBS_DUL      RBL: SORBS: sent directly from dynamic IP address
    [95.49.73.219 listed in dnsbl.sorbs.net]

You have sorbs listed in the domain RBL, not the IP based RBL. I
would put sorbs over in the IP based list where it will pass the IP
address instead of the domain name to the dnslists setting. I'm
undetermined whether you should move over spamhaus as well. I use it
for IP based RBL detection, but you may be using some feature that I'm
not familiar with that spamhaus provides.

--
Regards...      Todd
The best thing about pair programming is that you have the perfect