Re: [exim] Block mails sent to a spacific address

Author: Andrew
To: Vaidya nathan
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Block mails sent to a spacific address
Vaidya nathan wrote:
> Hi
>
> I've exim version 4.69 running on WindowsXP.

Interesting, I had no idea there was a port to windows.

> This is currently configured as a SMTP transfer agent for a specific application. Exim uses a specific SMTP account on the external hosted mail server

with which it just transfers all mails to it.

> Now the question is that i need to just block mails from Exim sent to a specific mail address.
>
> I'm not sure how to use filters to do this. moreover my setup is on Windows & most of the document on the internet explains steps for linux.
>
> Please help.

99% of the steps for setting up exim on linux would apply to windows
except for installation.

Assuming that the email address you want to block is blah@???

If the email is being delivered to exim via SMTP and not submitted
locally then placing the following in the rcpt acl section will block
that address.

deny   domains = example.com
    local_parts = blah
        message = This address is blocked

If its submitted locally,
create a file and place the following line into it.

blah:    :fail: This address is blocked

Then place the following router at the top of the routers section.

reject_user:
      driver = redirect
      domains = example.com
      allow_fail
      data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/path/to/above/file}}

HTH
cya
Andrew