Re: [exim] exim 4.70 RPM

Author: Axel Thimm
To: Todd Lyons
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 4.70 RPM
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 09:25:37AM -0800, Todd Lyons wrote:
> > Looks like ATrpms has packaged it.
> >        http://atrpms.net/dist/el5/exim/
>
> I planned on building a package for it today for CentOS 5. If I get
> it finished today, I'll put it up somewhere for download. But you
> know and trust atrpms much more than me, I would go with them first.
> With me, you'll get some site specific, non-standard configuration
> from the install.

There is nothing wrong in working on this together :)

The packages at ATrpms aim to be compatible (as much as sanely
possible) to the exim packages in RHEL/Fedora, e.g. using the same
lock mechanisms, reuse most of the patches, etc.

Having said that the 4.70 packages at ATrpms haven't seen that much
testing yet and are therefore also in the "testing" section still.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net