Re: [exim] openldap + exim, how to make mailing group ?

Author: Jan-Piet Mens
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] openldap + exim, how to make mailing group ?
> . However, it looks as though the OP is
> requesting a posixGroup, which generally only contains a multi-valued
> attribute memberUid for each member of the group. The search will
> return a list of memberUids for the posixGroup in question. This will
> require an additional search for each uid, to return the mail address
> associated with that uid. I can't think of any shortcut.

Correct.

I believe the following is suitable:

ldap_posixgroups:
  driver = redirect
  data = ${map{<, ${lookup ldapm{ldap:///GROUPBASE\
          ?memberUid?sub?(cn=${quote_ldap:$local_part})}}}{\
          ${lookup ldapm{ldap:///PEOPLEB?mail?sub?uid=${quote_ldap:$item}}}\
          }}

The first ${map takes the multiple `memberUid` results from the search
in GROUPBASE, using a comma (,) as the separator, and applies each found
$item to a subsequent search to find the `mail' attribute type of the
person.

Haven't tried for groups > 100 members, so this might blow up your
percolator. :-)

        -JP