Re: [exim] Random callout and temporary errors

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Random callout and temporary errors
2009/11/6 Peter Gervai <grinapo@???>:
> Callout with random check. Other party behaves pretty weird. I usually
> do not have _any_ problem whatsoever with greylists and other antispam
> tricks.

So they have smart greylisting which penalises bounces to bad
recipients. This is never going to play well with callouts, especially
random callouts which deliberately provide bad recipients.

Put your own higher-level manual 'caching' around the callouts. Since
this is a domain you send to often (otherwise you wouldn't have
noticed the problem), determine yourself whether they accept bounces
to bad recipients, and exempt them from the random callouts.

You're up against 2 conflicting clever techniques, the combination of
which breaks email. You only have control over one of them.

Peter

--
Peter Bowyer
Email: peter@???