Re: [exim-dev] Passive Spam Revocation

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Johannes Berg
To: Simon Arlott
CC: exim-dev
Betreff: Re: [exim-dev] Passive Spam Revocation
On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 07:42 +0000, Simon Arlott wrote:
> On 26/10/09 01:32, Yao Ziyuan wrote:
> > Currently almost all mail systems (e.g. Hotmail and Gmail) use a spam
> > filter, which can drop good and important messages.
>
> Only by flawed design. There's a 5xx SMTP response which could very
> clearly indicate that it was spam.

I do this -- and I find that unfortunately some upstream servers
(especially large hosters) don't display the message to their users. So
far I've gotten away with calling it their problem, since due to good
safeguard measures so far it has happened in only two instances (that I
know of) in a few years of operation that good mail was rejected by the
system.

I wonder -- a quick search showed me rfc 3463, but I never heard of that
before -- does anything implement that?

johannes