[exim] Preventing Authenticated Users From Sending As Other …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Brad Melanson
To: Exim-users
Betreff: [exim] Preventing Authenticated Users From Sending As Other Accounts
Hi there,

I ran across a scenario on my new exim setup and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction as I am very new to Exim.

Currently, I have Exim 4.69 installed on a FreeBSD 6.4 AMD64 machine with MySQL which is now deployed and running stable. We have disabled relaying and require users to connect via SSL to authenticate for both sending and recieving email.

I have been running some tests and discovered that local authenticated users are able to send email as any address they wish, including other local users. This poses a security concern for my clients and was hoping to plug this hole.

Is there a way of limiting authenticated users to only send email for their authenticated account?

Thanks!

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers and share what you know at http://ca.answers.yahoo.comFrom prvs=0546672441=exim-users-20081202@??? Thu Oct 22 08:54:53 2009