Re: [exim] Connection debug

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Mike Pellatt
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Connection debug
On 21/10/09 11:56, tower wrote:
> Hi
>
> How can I debug connection problem between my exim server and some
> machine (scaner, printer, fax) which have mail client on board? I must
> do it safely because i have about 5000 clients working online on that
> server. Would be fine if i could start a separate exim process.
>
> Logs tell nothing, so i must use some tool.

Err, ping, traceroute, telnet and wireshark?? If it's a connection
problem, those should be all the tools you need to identify where the
problem is.

If it's a data transfer/protocol problem, rather than a connection
problem, then a bit more info would help identify the best tool for the job.

If the connection is succeeding but the message isn't getting
transferred, run exim in debug mode on that message. How to do it is all
in the docs, but it's not the sort of detail I carry about in my brain
with its ever-diminishing storage capacity.

Mike Pellatt
Who is apparently too old to work for a hosting company. I should prefer
to be putting my feet up. Really.