Re: [exim] lookup syntax reference

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] lookup syntax reference
2009/10/19 Tariq A. Chaudhry <tariq@???>:
> I agree the exim doc is extensive.  I meant the syntax for lookups
> wasn't or at least I can't find it.  Actually I just found it under
> string expansions.  Sorry for making judgments so quickly I was in a bad
> mood.  Thanks for the responses.  Next time I'll be more thoughtful in
> what I post.

I think a fair criticism of the Exim docs is that they're not
immediately accessible for a new user who just wants to find out how
to do something simple - that's the problem you came across. There's a
lot of unfamiliar terminology which is confusing until you get to
grips with it - and it's hard to Google for something when you don't
know what Exim calls it.

The docs work best if you take them away and invest the time to read
them all the way through.

So don't feel too bad :-)

Peter

--