Re: [exim] odd setup, can't get email to be delivered - spen…

Author: Cisco
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] odd setup, can't get email to be delivered - spent about 8 hours on this, and no resolution
> Is xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx routeable from the Exim server? Try 'telnet
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 25' from a shell prompt. Seems likely that it's not.

yes, that works. Says
Connected to MAIL.THECOMPANY.COM (XX.XXX.XX.XXX).
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

> does the firewall just eat the packets

figuring out that is beyond my expertise. I have no idea. Somethings getting "eaten", somewhere along the line.

> I think you need to make sure the MX records are correct as seen from inside

their network...

The MX records are the same. Same ip for mail.thecompany.com, pointing to the exchange server they have at the office.
I tried deleting the record for thecompany.com from the dns at the SHARK server, since i figured it wasn't needed. It didn't seem to make any difference.