Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Testing Exim 4.70 prerelease

Author: Ian Eiloart
To: Dan_Mitton, Tom Kistner
CC: Exim Users, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim] [exim-dev] Testing Exim 4.70 prerelease

--On 13 October 2009 14:36:24 -0700 Dan_Mitton@??? wrote:

> Tom,
>
> That would be great !!

A word of caution regarding ADSP. It allows you to assert that some or all
of messages with a From: header address in your domain are signed. Clearly
"some" isn't very useful. It also allows you to say messages From: your
domain are discardable if they don't carry a valid signature.

There's currently great debate about how one should handle such messages
when they've been broken by mailing lists. My view is that lists should not
forward "discardable" messages if they're about to break the signature, but
should forward other messages. Lists should also re-sign, after checking
the inbound message. And recipients should attempt to validate the list,
not the original sender.