Re: [exim-dev] [Exim-maintainers] Exim 4.70

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-maintainers, exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] [Exim-maintainers] Exim 4.70
On Tue, 2009-10-13 at 14:10 +0200, Tom Kistner wrote:
> David Woodhouse wrote:
>
> > I saw that that particular problem was fixed. But I still have this
> > scary feeling that it hadn't really been developed with portability in
> > mind.
>
> The stuff you found was copypasta sloppiness. I'm usually not in the
> habit of using integer as pointers and vice versa, so if gcc shuts up on
> -Wall it's good enough for me(tm).

Just checking -- I don't mean to be rude; I'm not at all sure if this is
all your own work or if parts of it were re-used from somewhere else, or
how much trust I should have in it.

> > The obvious brokenness is fixed, and now it compiles without screaming
> > "I am broken!" at you. But I'd be a little happier if I know it had
> > really been _tested_ on 64-bit and big-endian platforms. Has it?
>
> No. The only BE machine in my reach is a friend's rusty PARISC box which
> we keep around for nostalgic reasons.

If you provide a SSH public key, I can give you an account on a suitable
box.

> I'm not worried about architecture, but more about platform (OS) in
> general. Maybe it would be a good idea to release an RC tarball first?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea.

--
dwmw2