Re: [exim] Outgoing Interface

Author: Phil Pennock
To: Grant Peel
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Outgoing Interface
On 2009-10-07 at 00:13 -0400, Grant Peel wrote:
> I will have to test the examples you sent to see if it will try the MX, then
> the A. If the A record also fails, is there a way to set a deault IP with
> the syntax you used?

Well yes, you just include it at the end of the list given to the
interfaces command. I wrote:

> > Finally, remember to tell interface of the list separator and the
> > default IPs:
> >
> > interface = <; $STUFF_FROM_ABOVE ; @[]

However, on reflection I'm not sure that @[] will work here; it's a
matcher which can return true/false for an address, I don't think it can
be used to provide a list to something which asks it "what are your
IPs". Try it, if it doesn't work put in an IP address instead?

-Phil, not bothering to run up a test Exim instance himself.