Re: [exim] How to automate extraction of bounce messages for…

Author: Sven Agnew
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to automate extraction of bounce messages for the purpose of unsub'ing recipient addresses
Hi,

I'd like to thank Sander and Dave for their advice and recommendations.

I have elected to implement the mailman mailing list software as part of
our solution.

Sanders point that extracting "reasons" for bounce messages would be
difficult due to the non-standardization of DSN strings was significant,
as was Dave's point that Mailman's bounce processing code was
non-trivial ( for fun I took a peek under the hood and gave up after
about 15min, not understanding very much of it).

I used the documentation at http://www.exim.org/howto/mailman21.html to
complete the set-up of mailman with Exim4, which I found to be excellent.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Ciao,
Sven
- --