Re: [pcre-dev] Help needed: PCRE for MySql under Windows XP …

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Tóth Andor Szilárd
CC: pcre-dev
Subject: Re: [pcre-dev] Help needed: PCRE for MySql under Windows XP as an User Defined Function (UDF)
On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, T?th Andor Szil?rd wrote:

> I inspected it with a DLL viewer, the functions are there, but somehow
> doesn't work.
> Before I send it to you for inspections or trial, I ask you: Would you
> please check it?

I am afraid there is no point sending me a dll. I have never used
Windows and I know nothing about how its libraries work.

If you built PCRE using cMake, it should have built the pcretest
program, I think, which uses the library. If it has, and if pcretest
works, then I guess the problem must lie in the way MySQL calls PCRE,
but that is just a random guess. I don't know anything about MySQL
internals.

> I stuck in a pit and I think I am a little from the solution. Would you
> please help me?

My suggestion is that you try to use the dll from some kind of test
program. If you have not got pcretest, try compiling the pcredemo
program which is in the PCRE distribution.

> What would you prefer the source or the dll if any at all to view, please?

I don't think there is any point in sending me anything, as this is
obviously a Windows issue.

Philip

--
Philip Hazel