Re: [exim] Rewriting empty envelope-from

Author: Andrew Lewis
To: Oliver von Bueren, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Rewriting empty envelope-from
> Indeed it is by design. If I get you right, if you get a NDN
> (none-delivery-notification, or for the discussion, any other type of
> message with empty sender, like out of office) which you can not
> delivery, you like to bounce that? That is a recipe for trouble, meaning
> you can play ping-pong all day long... Don't do it!

I want to discourage administrators of remote mail systems that are using me
as a smarthost from sending these messages and if I direct the delivery
failure notifications at them they should at least be made aware that they
are generating these, which is a step in the right direction (my queue
remaining un-polluted is a happy side-effect).

The ID they authenticate with will always be a mailbox I control, so I would
know for sure I can deliver mail there.

Mailer in question handles authenticated SMTP relay only.

-AL.