[exim] A Tight Exim Config.

Author: Jon Hardcastle
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] A Tight Exim Config.
Hi,

I have been tasked with my employers to produce an application that implements a mail server queue.

That bit is easy.

The bit that isn't easy is they want to know if the highest degree of certainty if a mail message has arrived or not. Is it possible to have exim reject emails and notify via smtp if a message can not be delivered for *any reason* so that my queue app can try again?

Alternatively, do 'people' parse the exim log to automatically see if an application has sent an email? We need to be able to send emails to clients but want - as much as possible - to know if the message has arrived?

Any help gratefully received.

N: Jon Hardcastle
E: Jon@???
'Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring worries of its own.'