Re: [exim] multiple outgoing IPs?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tomasz Chmielewski
Para: Tomasz Chmielewski, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] multiple outgoing IPs?
Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2009-09-08 at 14:39 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> Now that I began to receive emails from Exim mailing list (i.e. "dnsbl
>> rotate/random?" thread) I began to wonder: can I do a similar
>> (round-robin/random) thing for "interface"?
>
> Probably, but if you're sending legitimate mail then you probably don't
> want to do this, because various mail-providers run reputation systems
> which score individual IPs based on the past quality of email from that
> IP. You want all your goodness together on one IP, sending enough email
> that it stands out from the netblock it's in as being Good.

years, using the same IP address.
Say, lists similar to exim-users@ list.
As the lists are subscribers only, the reputation should be quite OK,
shouldn't it?

Some of the lists have ~thousand of subscribers.
Basically, if someone sends an email to the list, the MTA attempts to
deliver it to ~thousand of subscribers.
If the discussion is really vivid, a couple of people reply within few
minutes, which results in MTA trying to send several thousands of emails
in a short time.

And this is where the problem begins: bigger ISPs just block email
delivery from the server for some time if they received lots of emails
from the same IP recently.
Which means some of the participants (those having email at big
providers) won't receive their emails "on time".

I think using several IPs can help here.

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org