Re: [exim] multiple outgoing IPs?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Tomasz Chmielewski
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] multiple outgoing IPs?
On 2009-09-08 at 14:39 +0200, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
> Now that I began to receive emails from Exim mailing list (i.e. "dnsbl
> rotate/random?" thread) I began to wonder: can I do a similar
> (round-robin/random) thing for "interface"?

Probably, but if you're sending legitimate mail then you probably don't
want to do this, because various mail-providers run reputation systems
which score individual IPs based on the past quality of email from that
IP. You want all your goodness together on one IP, sending enough email
that it stands out from the netblock it's in as being Good.

-Phil