[exim] Debian/exim4/Mailman no outgoing emails

Author: Andrei
To: exim-users
Subject: [exim] Debian/exim4/Mailman no outgoing emails
I'm having problems with exim4 and emails going out. The error message
from rejectlog is: 2009-08-31 20:10:42 H=host.org F=<user1@???>
rejected RCPT <test@???>: Unrouteable address

In addition to that I can't test SMTP from outside (public) network.
Telnet lists.domain.org 25 times out. However, when I telnet
lists.domain.org 25 from the localhost I get standard SMTP greeting.

Scanning IP address for port 25 (from outside public network) I get this:
PORT    STATE    SERVICE
25/tcp  filtered smtp

However, if I send an email to unknow_user@??? the email
bounces back to me from lists.domain.org that the user doesn't exit.
If I send an email to *existing* user@??? email goes in
to a void (mailman never delivers it).

I've been at this for several hours now. Any help is appreciated.