Re: [exim] "Relaying not permitted" with Mailman.

Author: Bill Hayles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "Relaying not permitted" with Mailman.
Hi, Phil

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 05:13:59 -0700 in message 20090820121359.GA80333@???,
from Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> received here at 20/08/2009 14:28:37
It was said:

> I somewhat suspect that this is what went wrong. Mailman was connecting
> to localhost, was trying ::1 before 127.0.0.1, Exim accepted the
> connection and the relaying was denied because you had provided an
> incomplete list of local IPs to the relay_from_hosts hostlist
> definition.

Are you saying I should have also included ::1? If so, that could be true.
I haven't had any dealings with IPv6, although that will have to change!

An easy mistake to make, perhaps the default entry should
> be changed too. I'll file a bug.
>
> If this wasn't the cause, pass.

I don't have the default configuration to hand, but I can't be certain that
it wasn't there and I took it out.

--
'Tis far better to have snipped too much than to never
have snipped at all. -- (author unknown)