Re: [exim] new domain

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Michael Heydon
A: jean-paul natola
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] new domain
jean-paul natola wrote:
> we have just created a new domain and I wanted to confirm that all i need to do is add
>
> "newdomain.org"
>
> in my exim configure file in the follwoing section
>
> domainlist relay_to_domains = familycareintl.org:fcimail.org:newdomain.org

First, this will vary *greatly* depending on your configuration. So I
will assume you are running something close to the sample config
provided in the official exim tarball. If you are using a package from
your distro, then who knows what is different.

Also I am assuming that you want this instance of exim to be the primary
MX for the new domain rather than a backup, in which case you probably
want local_domains rather than relay_to_domains.

Other than that, yeah it should be pretty much that simple, if it
doesn't work then we will need to know a bit more about what you have
set up and what exactly you are trying to achieve in order to be helpful.

P.S. As has been said numerous times before on this list, if you really
feel the need to obfuscate your domain don't use someone else's domain
to do it. newdomain.org was registered 10 years ago and appears to be
the property of Active ISP in Oslo. Unless that is you, you should be
using something like example.com.

*Michael Heydon - IT Administrator *
michaelh@??? <mailto:michaelh@jaswin.com.au>