Re: [exim] compare two headers_rule in acl dont work properl…

Author: vitas1
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] compare two headers_rule in acl dont work properly
Nigel Metheringham <nigel.metheringham@???> wrote on
23.07.2009 17:41:38:

> On 23 Jul 2009, at 06:44, vitas1@??? wrote:
>
> > I have a rule that compares just domain parts of the addresses -
> > ${domain:$h_From:} and ${domain:$sender_address}.
> > Seems in legal e-mail they are almost always identical - and in this
> > list
> > too :-)
>

> So lets take a look at the message you sent as I received it from the
> list:-

>    From: vitas1@???

> Return path is taken from envelope sender, From is untouched.
> Not same domain, not no how.
>
>    Nigel.

> --
> [ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]
> [ - Comments in this message are my own and not ITO opinion/policy - ]

Oh, sorry, this was an incorrect example - this list uses Sender field
along with From, and I really do e-mail checks at MUA level, which is
naughty with From/Sender fields :-)

But Sender field at MTA level DOES contain *exim.org adrress - so address
comparing will work but will be more complex.

Regards,

Vitas.