Re: [exim] rewriting a date header - how?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jeffrey 'jf' Lim
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Daniel Tiefnig
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] rewriting a date header - how?
On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 6:05 PM, Daniel Tiefnig <exim@???> wrote:

> Jeffrey 'jf' Lim wrote:
> > I have considered using the 'transport_filter' option - but at this
> > point in time, if exim can do it, I would rather have exim do it,
> > than an external script for what really should be a simple rewrite.
>
> Well, what do you want to replace it with? The current date and time?

nope. I basically want to do a "sed" - s/ ZE8/ +0800/

> Then you may simply use a remove-and-add approach in one of your
> routers/transports:
>
>  headers_remove = Date
>  headers_add    = Date: $tod_full

> Is a little bit easier than relaying the message one more time as
> suggested by Mike and does the same thing.
>
> If you want to keep the original date and time, you may not be able to
> avoid using perl for example.
>
>  headers_remove = Date
>  headers_add    = Date: ${perl{redate_func}{$h_Date:}}

> The content of redate_func is left as an exercise for the reader. ;o)

ok got it. I'll look into it (and come back with more questions if i have
any)

> Oh, and yes, you really should fix your webmail software.

yeah, I know. The only thing is, I value knowing how to do this "more
properly" in exim, vs having to chase a constantly moving target if and when
this software is updated.

thanks,
-jf

--
In the meantime, here is your PSA:
"It's so hard to write a graphics driver that open-sourcing it would not