Re: [exim] Debian and Exim

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian and Exim
On Wed, 20 May 2009 16:07:40 +0200, Johann Spies <jspies@???>
wrote:
>I am a Debian user and I regularly get help from this list. My
>experience is that the split-configuration of Exim helped me a lot to
>get to know the system and to make changes to configuration. The same
>with the Apache-setup on Debian. To me it feels a lot 'cleaner'.

Agreed.

> But
>what is important is that it is still the same exim and apache with
>the same underlying rules working.

Yes, and on a second look, the Debian default configuration is
remarkably similiar to the exim.configure file that comes with exim's
distribution - down to the comments. Our build process even barfs at
build time when the upstream file has changed.

There is really no reason to send people who ask specific, prepared
and answerable questions to the Debian mailing list just on sight of
the word "split". It's the same thing, it's just distributed into
different files.

Greetings
Marc