Re: [exim] queue run: process crashed with signal 11 while d…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] queue run: process crashed with signal 11 while delivering
Keefe John wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thanks for the response.

Apparently my encoding (force UTF-8 in your MUA if it doesn't display as
Chinese) went through OK then?

> Here are some of them that are sitting in my queue:
>
> 056F From: =?koi8-r?B?7sHUwczY0Q==?= <fomuconyferi@???>
> 064F From: "=?windows-1254?Q?Evg=F6r_Mobilya?=" <evgormob@???>
> 074F From: "=?iso-8859-9?B?S2FodmFsdP0gTWVrYW79?=" <kahvalti@???>
> 058F From: =?koi8-r?B?8MXU0Q==?= <fekonyjatuwarygesa@???>
> 077F From: =?windows-1251?B?7C7W4uXy7e7pIOHz6/zi4PA=?= <yaomin3534wojtek@???>
> 067F From: =?windows-1251?B?8eDp8g==?= <sivakumataylor@???>
>
> It also happens when the subject is funky, like this example:
>
> 052F From: Mrs Rosemary Collins <mrs_rosemary12@???>
> 187 Subject: =?windows-1256?Q?DEAR_FRIEN?= =?windows-1256?Q?D_PLEASE_R?=
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Keefe

Not sure at this point if those are 'otherwise' valid messages, or soem for of
malware.

BUT -- all of those carry intial strings that are indicative of use of non-ASCII
character sets. The smtp standard very much prefers 7-bit ASCII in the
'envelope' & headers, and even in 'content' (body and attachments) *unless*
identified as recognized MIME type encodings.

Exim is more forgiving - it is inherently '8-bit clean', ordinarily just ignores
those *unless* it cannot use them at all.

You mentioned Debian, so if you are using the common Debian-specific
configuration tools, we may have pinned-down 'a' cause, but I am out of
suggestions as to where to look for a solution.

A long shot - but given where it is crashing, it might even be related to the
underlying OS or file system in use.

There is a specialized support mailing list for Debian-Exim, and there should be
more expert solutions there somewhere, as the author's native code-set is not
ASCII, either, and he is for-sure a Debian user as well as developer.

Wander over there and see what an archive search turns up. URI is in your docs.

Best,

Bill