Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mike Cardwell
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb
W B Hacker wrote:

> My bad.
>
> Flawed test, sad to say.

Yeah.

> Inserting one line of code:
>
>    sender_host_name = sender_host_address;

> ... to utilize existing variables might be the mark of a Hacker (hey it
> IS my 'real name')

It wouldn't be compatible with peoples configs. You'd need to have a new
variable. Something like $sender_host_ptr. However, why bother writing
new code and adding further config options when the capability already
exists in dnsdb. Feels like bloat to me.

> ..But is 'lighter' than having to build dnsdb just to see if a PTR RR
> 'exists'.

By your definition of, "lighter," yes.

It seems that everybody so far has disagreed with you. I'd suggest you
add your negative vote to the whishlist item, but that doesn't look
possible unfortunately.

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)