Re: [exim] SPF Feature - Walk Received header

Author: Mike Cardwell
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] SPF Feature - Walk Received header
Marc Perkel wrote:

>>> I'm thinking that forgers would be less of a problem that false
>>> positives produced by forwarded email.
>>>
>> I'm thinking the opposite.
>
> Then you would merely NOT use the feature and I would.

I'm not sure "feature" is the right word. What you've suggested will
never be a part of any SPF implementation as it is quite simply
ludicrous. If someone wanted to do it though, I'd suggest using spfquery:

${run{/usr/bin/spfquery --mail-from $sender_address --helo
$sender_helo_name --ip $acl_m0}}

Where $acl_m0 is the IP. You'd use one of the ${for} methods to iterate
over a list of IPs after stripping them out of the received headers with
${sg}

--
Mike Cardwell
(https://secure.grepular.com/) (http://perlcv.com/)