Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb

Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Default enabling of dnsdb
James Green wrote:
> Matt wrote:
>
>> Its not so easy if your using a precompiled rpm.
>>
>> Matt
>
> Debian's approach to this seems sane -- at least as recently as Etch --
> seems sane. They provide an exim4-daemon-heavy with things like dnsdb
> compiled in, and an exim4-daemon-light without these less-used features.
> Take your pick. That said, it looks as though the latest stable release
> includes dnsdb in both the light and heavy packages, so perhaps it's
> seen as more used, or less of an overhead.
>
> I wonder how easy it would be to distribute a Makefile with targets for
> 'heavy' and 'light' builds in a similar way? Just a thought.
>
> Rgds,
> James

Actually a 'sometimes' bigger issue is the choice between (*BSD 'ports'
example)

exim

exim-postgresql

The first would leave-out the needed interface to utilize PostgreSQL.

The second has been known to want to not just build the interface, but
actally install a different version of postgresql than what is already
running.

Sort of thing hardly restricted to Exim, and a RPITA if not caught in time.

Bill